Why use a registered Canadian immigration consultant?
Before acquiring the services of an immigration consultant, it is important to understand the difference between a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) and an unauthorized provider of immigration services. RCICs are required to abide by a strict Code of Professional Ethics. The following rules, guidelines, and attribute of a RCIC are as follows:
- Knowledgeable and informed on immigration law and Canadian immigration system,
- Required to abide by stringent ethical and professional rules that are designed to protect consumers,
- Required to provide evidence of good character prior to becoming Regulated,
- Proficient in English or French,
- Work with agents known to ICCRC,
- Supported by ICCRC to enhance quality of services,
- Monitored by ICCRC; non-compliance is taken seriously,
- Accountable to ICCRC; complaints are taken seriously, and
- Possess valid Errors and Omissions Insurance for enhanced consumer protection.
Please note that an Unauthorized Providers of Immigration Services does not have any of these attributes.